I’m going into week 4 of working from home and social distancing. I have finally gotten into a rhythm and new routine. The one thing that I’ve been extremely devoted to during this time is keeping up with my skincare routine. I’ve shared my skincare routine several times on my blog, but it’s been a while since I’ve shared my full updated routine. Today I’m sharing my current morning and nightly skincare routine.
- Cleanse: Every morning I wash my face with my favorite cleanser, Purity by Philosophy.
- Tone: The Mario Badescu rose facial spray is my all time favorite toner. It is inexpensive and smells absolutely heavenly. The purpose of a toner is to restore your skin’s pH balance and help close pores and tighten them after cleansing. Just spritz the toner on a cotton pad and wipe across your face.
- Essence: I was pretty late in joining the essence bandwagon. I became convinced after visiting the Fresh Beauty store in NYC. Essence basically helps brighten, enhance, and make your skin glow.
- Vitamin C: I use a Vitamin C Serum on a daily basis. Vitamin C is a multitasking serum that naturally brightens, improves skin texture, and reduces dark spots and hyperpigmentation. I recently switched to the CC Me Vitamin C Serum by Summer Fridays and absolutely love the serum. My skin is much more vibrant and I feel comfortable going make-up free these days.
- Eye Cream: It took me a long time to find a good eye cream. One of my pet peeves was eye creams don’t come in a pump form packaging. I hate dipping my finger into a tub because that contaminates the product in my opinion. That is why the Drunk Elephant C-Tango Multivitamin Eye Cream is my absolute favorite because it is a pump eye cream! Jackpot!
- Moisturizer: My skin type fluctuates based on the weather. Therefore during the spring/summer I opt for an oil-free moisturizer and during the winter I use a hydrating moisturizer for my dry skin. The oil-free moisturizer I use is Fresh Beauty Umbrian Clay Oil-Free Lotion and the cream I use in the winter to help with dry skin is First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream.
- Ice Roller: After seeing Grace Atwood rave about her ice-roller on IG, I had to order one for myself. I’m borderline obsessed with my ice roller now. I use it every morning and truly feel it sculpts my face in the morning!
- SPF: If there was one piece of advice I wish I would have listened to in my 20s, is to wear SPF. I didn’t take SPF seriously until a few years ago. Now, I wear it year round and don’t mess around. My current favorites are this one from Drunk Elephant and this Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen.
- Remove Make-Up: I always remove my make-up using Bioderma Micellar Water. I dab a little on a cotton pad and it removes all my makeup.
- Cleanse: Once my make-up is removed I go in with my Clarisonic device and cleanser, Purity by Philosophy, to get a deep clean in the evening.
- Tone: Same as my morning routine, I always use a toner after I cleanse my face. The Mario Badescu rose facial spray is my all time favorite.
- Essence: Follow-up with essence after toning your skin.
- Treatment: I use a variety of serums and treatments for my skin. I rotate between Retinol Cream (once a week), Hyaluronic Acid (once every other week), and Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum.
- Eye Cream: I cannot stress how important eye cream is! I have been using eye cream since I was 23 and I truly believe it has made a difference in preventing wrinkles and dark circles. Don’t skip the eye cream!
- Moisturizer: In the evening I switch to a richer moisturizer. I’ve been using First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream for almost seven years. It’s incredibly hydrating and works miracles for dry skin during the winter months.
- Oil & Roller: I dab a bit of Marula Oil and use a facial roller to really work all the products into my skin. A facial roller is really great for de-puffing, fine lines, and overall skin elasticity. I honestly don’t think there is a difference between a jade or rose quartz roller, they are all the same. I personally just like the color pink and opted for a rose quartz facial roller.
- Spot Treatment: My number one rule is to never pick at my blemishes. I have ben using Mario Badescu Drying Lotion to get rid of my blemishes. Just apply with a q-tip before you sleep and blemishes disappear in the morning. For more stubborn white heads it may take a few nights, but I promise this magic lotion will make the blemishes disappear!
For an extra treat be sure to check out my post on an Easy 10 Step At-Home Facial.