Day 2 Itinerary
- Breakfast at Midway Cafe & Coffee Bar in Islamorada (Mile Marker 80.5)
- This lovely cafe gets it’s name from being exactly what it is called – Midway – it’s located right in the middle of the Keys. I read about this place online and it was only 5 minutes from our resort therefore we had breakfast here the first day. I skipped the coffee and ordered a blended frappe Keylime Cooler – delicious and totally worth it! For breakfast we had Egg & Brie Sandwich, Oatmeal, and Goat Omelet. I absolutely love this place! It’s fun, delicious food, casual, and the entire staff is super friendly.
- The Rain Barrel – Artisans’ Village in Islamorada
- I read about the Rain Barrel online when I was doing research on the Florida Keys. It’s a great place to get souvenir shopping, buy some art from local artists, and just take a look around. My mom, sister, and I ended up buying these unique fossil coral artwork from Islamorada Art On A Whim. In addition my mama and sister bought some seashells and air plants – very unique. If you are looking for unique gifts and local artwork I definitely recommend stopping by The Rain Barrel.
- Kayaking & Swimming at Cheeca Lodge & Spa
- The day was a bit overcast and not a lot of people were at the pool or taking part in water sports however that didn’t stop us. We took advantage of the not so crowded atmosphere and kayaked, swam, and lounged by the pool.
- Dinner at Sundowners in Key Largo
- My good friend (Bahar) recommended this restaurant to us thus we had dinner here the second night. It was a bit windy that night however we’re Michiganders therefore we asked for a table on the patio. They hostess thought we were insane probably! As pictured above for dinner we enjoyed the Jerked Shrimp Club Croissant, Key Lime Seafood, and White Chocolate Creme Brûlée for dessert. Our waitress recommended the Key Lime Seafood dish – it’s the most popular dish at the restaurant – and it was divine! Everything was delicious!
Check back tomorrow for all the details on our day trip to Key West!