Preparing a spring inspired table spread for Ramadan this year with West Elm!
Every year my family and I look forward to gathering around the Iftar table to break our fasts at sunset. Growing up, I was always responsible for setting the Iftar table and the tradition still continues. All the the blush tones and marble accents allow me to sprinkle my style aesthetics into my Ramadan table setting. West Elm has a variety of beautiful serveware that are perfect for elevating any table into a modern spread. The marble & brass dip bowls make the perfect dish for Fereni, Persian rice custard. This delicious dish is a soft, creamy and sweet dessert made with rice flour, milk, sugar, rosewater, and cardamom. My mom would make this every night for Iftar and I finally learned how to make the recipe from her!
Scroll down below for the Fereni recipe.
1/4 cup Rice Flour
1/2 cup Sugar
2 cups Milk [Whole or 2%]
1 tablespoon Rose Water
1 pinch Ground Cardamom
1. Combine milk, rice flour, and sugar in a non-stick saucepan.
2. Whisk ingredients together, then turn the heat on medium and keep stirring until the mixture thickens.
3. Constantly stir the mixture in order to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan and burning.
4. Just when it starts to bubble (after about 10 minutes) add a pinch of ground cardamom and rose water.
5. Once the mixture thickens pour into small serving dishes or one large dish.
6. Garnish with saffron, pistachios, or nothing at all. Let cool and enjoy!