Summer is al about BBQs and outdoor fun! One of my favorite summer dishes is BBQ corn! I love it! When I “lived” in Hawaii for three weeks I became straight up addicted to corn. Ever since I came back I have been trying to find a way to emulate BBQ corn but the oven version. Sometimes its just too hard to start up the whole grill for some corn. After interesting and trying a few things I finally constructed a great recipe! This recipe was approved by my bro and cousin – they practically inhaled it.
- Trader Joe’s Fresh Corn (4 in a pack)
- Unsalted Butter
- Chopped Chives (fresh or dried) or Paprika
- Parmesan Cheese
- Put oven on 350 F
- Place aluminum foil in 13×9 pan (I use a cake pan)
- Cute corn in half and place all 8 pieces in the pan
- Sprinkle salt and pepper as desired.
- Either sprinkle chopped chives or paprika – depends to your taste like. I prefer it spicy however my family likes it with chives.
- Line up the corn in the pan and thinly slice the butter and place on top and in between the corn.
- Put the corn in the oven – after about twenty minutes flip the corn around and add some more slices of butter.
- Once the corn becomes golden and starts to sizzle you take it out of the oven.
- Immediately after sprinkle and cover the corn with parmesan cheese while it is still in the pan.
- Place the corn in a serving dish and enjoy!!
- Cream butter and sugar in large mixing bowl
- Blend in eggs and vanilla
- Add dry ingredients and mix well
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour before rolling out
- Flour surface, roll out to 1/2 inch thick and cut
- Bake at 375℉ for 6-9 minutes.
If you’ve been following my blog by now you know I’m obsessed with baking.
A few weeks ago my girlfriends and I threw a surprise 30th birthday party for our dearest friend, Amber. I was responsible for the dessert display. Let me preface this with saying Amber is a fabulous baker herself therefore I wanted to go all out for my girl!
The dessert menu included St-Honore cake, sugar cookies, push pops, cookies & cream cupcakes, and fruit dessert kabob! All the delicious details are below!
The cake was ordered from Patisserie Poupon. It is their delicious St-Honore cake! It is cream puff heaven and the tastiest thing ever!
The rest of the desserts were made by me with help from my lovely sister.
|Cookies & Creme Cupcakes|
|Fruit & Dessert Kabob|
Thanks to all the gals the birthday girl was totally surprised and loved it all! It was a fabulous night!