The Sephora Spring Bonus event for members, VIB and Beauty Insider, begins tomorrow April 20-23. Members receive 15% off their purchase! This is the best time to stock up on skincare, beauty, fragrance, and hair products. Given the current promotion, today I’m sharing a highly requested post for my updated Skincare routine! I’m sharing my current morning and nightly skincare routine as well as weekly skincare products I use. In addition a few new products I picked up during the Sephora early access sale for VIB Rouge members last weekend.
- Cleanser: Philosophy Purity || I have been using this product since college. It’s one of the top rated cleansers and always lands on the Allure Best of Beauty lists. It’s simple, gets the job done, and works perfectly with my sensitive skin. I always purchase the 32 oz bottle as you get more bang for your buck. I use the Clarisonic Mia Fit for cleansing and it’s been a game changer for my skin. I purchased a Clarisonic Mia about 5 years ago and upgraded to the Mia Fit about 2 years ago. My skin has become so much more healthier and I rarely break out since using a Clarisonic brush. It is essential to my skincare routine and highly recommend it!
- Toner: Fresh Rose Floral Toner || After cleansing I use a toner to balance out my skin. I frequently switch between the Fresh rose toner and the Mario Badescu rose spray. Both products are great and work great as toners. I have normal combination skin and the rose based toners hydrates my skin without drying it out.
- Serum: Ole Hendrickson Truth Serum || A vitamin C serum is a must in any skincare routine. Vitamin C benefits include protecting your skin from sun damage, helps with collagen, improves hydration and brightness of skin, and keeps skin looking young. I love the Ole Hendrickson Truth Serum and have been using it for years!! Recently I’ve been hearing rave reviews about Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum and I’m very curious to try it. I have read a ton of reviews and tried a sample from Sephora and it seems to be a game changer. However it’s a bit on the pricier side therefore I opted for the Drunk Elephant Rise + Glow Duo (only $23) to try the product out first before splurging $80 for a bottle!
- Moisturizer: Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Radiance Lotion || I have pretty normal skin and tend to be oily in the t-zones during the warmer months. Based on the season I switch my daily moisturizer between Fresh and First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. Currently I’m using the Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Radiance Lotion and I love it!! It’s not super heavy and doesn’t make my skin oily.
- Sunscreen: Supergoop Everyday Sunscreen SPF 50 and LaRoche-Posey SPF 60 || I used to be careless about sunscreen and would not apply it regularly. However now that I’m older, and wiser, I realize how important applying SPF on a daily basis year round is of the utmost importance. My reluctance to sunscreen was because I hated the smell and the fact that it made me look chalky like a ghost. After a ton of research and testing our various products I found 2 sunscreens that I am obsessed with – Supergoop Everyday Sunscreen SPF 50 and LaRoche-Posey SPF 60. Both these products are amazing and work well with my sensitive skin. I generally prefer Supergoop for hot summer days and the La Roche for year round.
- Remove Makeup: Bioderma Micellar Water || This product is a cult favorite and one of the most popular French skincare products on the market. I dab a little bit of this product on a cotton pad and remove my makeup before washing my face. I’m obsessed with this makeup remover! My sister brought me a bunch of it back from France and I’m down to my last bottle of it. I need to restock on it soon!
- Cleanse: Philosophy Purity || Once my makeup is removed I cleanse my face using the purity cleanser and clarisonic. The Clarisonic Mia Fit has two settings – 60 seconds and 90 seconds. In the evening I use the 90 seconds setting to really clean my skin.
- Toner: Caudalie Beauty Elixir || After cleansing I sprits some of this product on my face, similar to a toner, this all purpose product is great for hydrating skin.
- Serum: Ole Henrickson Invigorating Night Transformation Gel || I love Ole Henrickson serums and after purchasing the 3 Little Wonders set one year I’ve stuck to using the Night Transformation Gel as part of my nightly routine. This gel really smooths my skin and
- Moisturize: Ole Henrickson Sheer Transformation Perfecting Moisturizer || This moisturizer is a whipped silky texture that really helps with skin tone and texture. When my skin is a bit on the dry side – which happens every winter – I opt for the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. Both these products are great nightly moisturizes and really hydrate the skin and help with skin texture.
- Eye Cream: Vine[Activ] Energizing and Smoothing Eye Cream || I started incorporating eye cream in my nightly beauty routine at the age of 23 as a preventative measure. Thankfully it has paid off because (knock on wood) I don’t have many fine lines or dark circles under my eyes. I have used various eye creams from Shiseido to First Aid Beauty and Fresh. I’m currently loving this Caudalie eye cream that I’ve been using since July. It really is an amazing product! I’m really interested in trying the Drunk Elephant C-Tango Multivitamin Eye Cream as I’ve heard it is amazing! I basically want to try every single product from the Drunk Elephant line but I have to test it out first and make sure it works before splurging on the products!
- Blemish Treatment: Mario Badescu Drying Lotion || Every once in a while I have small breakouts on my nose, forehead, and chin. I have a strict no popping pimple policy! Instead I use the Drying Lotion to target my breakouts. As soon as I feel that I am about to breakout I dab a bit of the drying lotion with a q-tip and apply on my blemish. Leave overnight and the next day the blemish is gone!! For more stubborn blemishes I apply for 2-3 nights in a row to clear it up.
- Boscia Pore Purifying Charcoal Strips || I’m obsessed with these pore strips and use them at least once a week!! I leave it on for about a half hour and find extreme satisfaction in peeling it off and seeing all the blackheads and whiteheads get ripped off!
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay || I recently started using this as a mask. I will do a blog post next week sharing how to use the product and the benefits of it. So far I’ve used it three times, and really felt my skin was super clean and all the dirt, blackheads, and my pores were pulled out with this mask.
- Caudalie Gentle Buffing Cream || I keep this product in the shower and use it about 2-3 times a week. It’s a wonderful exfoliator and is gentle on sensitive skin. I dab a generous amount of the cream all over my face and use my Clarisonic to really get the product in my skin and buff out the impurities and dead cells.
- The Ordinary Buffet || I have read countless articles, blogs, reviews, and youtube videos about this brand and the product. The Ordinary offers a variety of serums at very reasonable price points. I’ve been wanting to try one of their serums and from all of my research I decided on the Buffet. I’ve incorporated it in my nightly routine and have used it for three nights now. It’s really hydrating and I love how my skin feels in the morning. My skin has a certain glow to it since I started using it
- Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask || This product is all the buzz now! It’s been out of stock for a while therefore I was happy to snag it over the weekend. This product lives up to it’s name – Jet Lag Mask. It is extremely hydrating and has improved my skin just after using it for a few nights. My skin is glowing in the morning and I feel that it looks bright and healthy. I’m excited to incorporate this product in my skincare routine and especially my travels!
It’s a great time to stock up and try new products during the Sephora Spring Bonus event. VIB Rouge members received 15% off with code YAYROUGE, VIB members received 15% off with code YAYVIB, and Insiders receive 10% off with code YAYINSIDER.
What are some of your favorite skincare products?? Share in the comments below!
Leave a Reply