Today I’m sharing one of the easiest receipts of making chocolate covered strawberries, which are perfect for Valentine’s Day, or just any day of the week to treat yourself!
The only ingredients required are strawberries, Ghirardelli baking bar chocolate, and crisco all vegetable shortening!
The most important step is to make sure to wash the strawberries and that they are completely dry before dipping in the chocolate. You will also need a cookie sheet, wax paper, microwavable bowls, and a ziplock bag. The instructions are as follows:
1. Place wax paper on a flat cookie sheet.
2. Break up two packs of Semi-Sweet chocolate bars in a microwavable bowl.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of crisco to the chocolate.
4. Place bowl in microwave for 30 second intervals at a time (do not leave it for more or else it will get ruined)
5. After the second 30 second interval, mix the chocolate and check on the consistency. I usually pop it in for another 10 seconds, but never ever place it in the microwave for 1 minute straight. Trust me.
6. Transfer chocolate to a cup that allows for dipping the strawberries.
7. Dip the strawberries individually into the chocolate and place on wax paper. Repeat until finished.
8. For the white chocolate drizzle repeat same process for melting the chocolate.
9. Once white chocolate is melted, transfer to a small plastic ziplock bag and with sharp scissors to snip off a small corner of the bag.
10. Pipe white chocolate on the strawberries to your liking.
11. Place strawberries in the fridge overnight to set.
12. One set, remove from wax paper and break off any extra pieces of chocolate, place in dish, and enjoy!
I make these chocolate covered strawberries year round for parties or just randomly when I’m craving them. My favorite is to dip the chocolate strawberries in crushed almonds or pop rock candy! You can get as creative as you want!