p.s. Big shout out to the Husain family in Chi city for naming this blog post! Love you all!
1/4 cup Rice Flour
1/2 cup Sugar
2 cups Milk [Whole or 2%]
1 tablespoon Rose Water
1 pinch Ground Cardamom
1. Combine milk, rice flour, and sugar in a non-stick saucepan.
2. Whisk ingredients together, then turn the heat on medium and keep stirring until the mixture thickens.
3. Constantly stir the mixture in order to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan and burning.
4. Just when it starts to bubble (after about 10 minutes) add a pinch of ground cardamom and rose water.
5. Once the mixture thickens pour into small serving dishes or one large dish.
6. Garnish with saffron, pistachios, or nothing at all. Let cool and enjoy!
In the summer months I tend to change my beauty routine to a simple more fresh look. Since it is hot and humid where I live I don’t like having too much stuff on my face and feeling icky. Therefore I stick to these 8 products that I can’t live without in the summer:
1. Revlon Liquid Eyeliner [Black Brown]: This is hands down my favorite liquid liner. I have tried them all but always come back to this revlon one. I love the tip and precision the liner gives me.
2. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil [Hustle]: I use a pencil to line my lower lashes. Hustle is the color I use mainly but every once in a while I will switch it up with a color liner from the Urban Decary Ocho Loco liner set. Generally I coordinate my lower lash pencil with the outfit I’m wearing that day.
3. theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer: Ever since I received this in my Birchbox a few years ago I have been hooked. I use a small dab of this powder to highlight my brow bone.
4. Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Mascara: This mascara makes my eyes POP! I absolutely love how it enhances my lashes and make it look as if I have false lashes on. Let’s be real though ain’t no one got time for false lashes at 8am before work.
5. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer [Bisque]: Tinted moisturizer is my BFF. I only wear foundation on special occasions – such as weddings – majority of the time I’m wearing tinted moisturizer. I do not like the feel of foundation and truly believe it ruins my skin. Therefore 90% of the time I dab on the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. A little goes a long way with this moisturizer so don’t go overboard.
6. Nars Blush [Orgasm]: This blush is perfect for summer. It is complimentary on any person’s skin tone!
7. Chella Highlighter Pencil: I use this pencil to highlight under my eyes and anywhere on my face that needs some brightening.
8. Sara Happ The Lip Slip: During the summer I generally stick to gloss. This Sara Happ lip gloss is my favorite because it moisturizes my lips and gives me a hint of shine!