In the summer months I tend to change my beauty routine to a simple more fresh look. Since it is hot and humid where I live I don’t like having too much stuff on my face and feeling icky. Therefore I stick to these 8 products that I can’t live without in the summer:
1. Revlon Liquid Eyeliner [Black Brown]: This is hands down my favorite liquid liner. I have tried them all but always come back to this revlon one. I love the tip and precision the liner gives me.
2. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil [Hustle]: I use a pencil to line my lower lashes. Hustle is the color I use mainly but every once in a while I will switch it up with a color liner from the Urban Decary Ocho Loco liner set. Generally I coordinate my lower lash pencil with the outfit I’m wearing that day.
3. theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer: Ever since I received this in my Birchbox a few years ago I have been hooked. I use a small dab of this powder to highlight my brow bone.
4. Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Mascara: This mascara makes my eyes POP! I absolutely love how it enhances my lashes and make it look as if I have false lashes on. Let’s be real though ain’t no one got time for false lashes at 8am before work.
5. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer [Bisque]: Tinted moisturizer is my BFF. I only wear foundation on special occasions – such as weddings – majority of the time I’m wearing tinted moisturizer. I do not like the feel of foundation and truly believe it ruins my skin. Therefore 90% of the time I dab on the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. A little goes a long way with this moisturizer so don’t go overboard.
6. Nars Blush [Orgasm]: This blush is perfect for summer. It is complimentary on any person’s skin tone!
7. Chella Highlighter Pencil: I use this pencil to highlight under my eyes and anywhere on my face that needs some brightening.
8. Sara Happ The Lip Slip: During the summer I generally stick to gloss. This Sara Happ lip gloss is my favorite because it moisturizes my lips and gives me a hint of shine!
I am beyond excited to share with you all the best thing has possibly happened in Ann Arbor – Elevation Burger! When I moved out to Maryland for grad school I was hooked on Elevation Burger because there was an EB near campus and I would go all the time for my dose of burger love. When I cam back to Ann Arbor for the summer I heard through a friend that Elevation Burger had opened in Ann Arbor last summer. I was over the moon to say the least!
Last week I had the chance to sit down with the owner of Ann Arbor’s Elevation Burger – Michael Tayter. Mike is an Ann Arbor native himself who went to school at University of Michigan and studied business. I asked him what led him to opening Elevation Burger in Ann Arbor. He stated that while living in Texas – where there are a few EB locations – he aspired to open a EB restaurant. However he wanted to open a location in Ann Arbor because Ann Arbor is home. When he and his wife moved back to Ann Arbor Mike pursued his goal and opened Elevation Burger on Washtenaw Ave just pass Arborland Mall.
Elevation Burger’s philosophy is to provide and serve it’s customers with fresh, flavorful, and high quality food and ingredients. They’re meat comes from ethical grass-fed farm which is organic and halal! Yes HALAL! EB offers a variety of food options to accommodate all dietary needs with options such as vegetarian, organic, gluten free fries, paleo, and lettuce wraps.
To accommodate the Muslim community last year Mike offered extended hours during the month of Ramadan for Muslims. He will be doing the same this year when Ramadan starts at the end of the week. This is a wonderful opportunity for Muslims in Ann Arbor because very few halal places stay open late during Ramadan. Therefore Ann Arbor locals don’t need to make the long drive to Dearborn to grab a burger because EB is just around the corner!
In addition to the delicious food served at Elevation Burger I have to rave about the friendly service at the Ann Arbor location. While I was at EB I definitely felt the Midwest friendly vibe! The staff was exceptionally friendly, helpful, and caring. From asking about your day, to providing you with extra napkins, and taking your trays. This is why I love Ann Arbor and couldn’t be happier that EB is open in my wonderful hometown.
Nothing says summer fun like a burger! Head on over to Elevation Burger at 3365 Washtenaw Ave, Suite L, Ann Arbor, MI for a delicious burger, shake, and fries! In addition you can follow Elevation Burger Ann Arbor on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter! Happy Monday!
When packing for Ireland I tried very hard to be practical and not over pack! I searched endlessly for fashion tips for traveling to Ireland in June but came up short. All that I found was pack a rain coat and make sure to have an umbrella! There was a definite lack of “Hijabi guide to packing for Ireland.” Therefore I approached packing for Ireland with the solution of layers and practicality. We were in Ireland for 5 days therefore I packed 5 outfits – I mix & matched pieces to save room. In addition I only packed 3 pair of shoes – black Hunter rain boots, mint Sperry boat shoes, and black Sperry flats – and 1 pair of heels to wear to my cousin’s graduation ceremony. I was extremely proud of myself at the airport when I weighed my suitcase and it was only 38 pounds! Yay!
The best thing I packed was my Longchamp Large Le Pilage Tote – this bag was a lifesaver! It literally fit everything I needed on a daily basis! I managed to fit my DSLR camera, extra lens, rain jacket, umbrella, snacks, water bottle, phone, and wallet. Every time someone needed something it was in my magic mom bag! At any given time it rains in Ireland therefore I constantly had my Lululemon rain jacket on me at all times. The jacket is extremely lightweight and 100% waterproof – the second best thing I packed on the trip!
Ireland was a blast and memorable trip because I was surrounded my by family. We had such a blast and I definitely recommend a family trip to explore this beautiful country!!